To maintain and operate terminal equipment in a safe and efficient manner while unloading/loading customers' bulk products into/out of barge, rail car or truck.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain and operate the material handler, transfer equipment (bucket elevators, and conveyors), skid steer loaders (Cat), front-end articulating loaders (Cat), forklifts and fork-trucks.
- Definition: “Maintain” is to inspect (daily and scheduled), lubricate (grease), check and maintain fluid levels, and clearly communicate machine deficiencies to supervision.
• Ability to understand written bills of lading and similar documents for proper loading/unloading of the customers products
• Knowledge in basic safe use of hand and power tools
• Achieve and maintain a basic understanding of how all the operating systems function/interact and independently perform effective trouble shooting during equipment malfunctions
• Ability to read and understand equipment startup procedures, operation procedures, shutdown procedures, and maintenance manuals
• Experience operations bulk storage, conveying and processing equipment
• Experience operating mobile equipment including skid loaders, forklifts, heavy haul mobile equipment
• Able to withstand extreme weather conditions; majority of the time will be working outside
• Able to work from written and verbal instructions
• Able to work as a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, follow work rules, and take on other duties as assigned
• Have the willingness and ability to cross train into other areas of the terminal, example: knowledge of bucket elevators, operate a front end loader safely and efficiently (loading trucks and pushing product), operate a forklift; learn other process in the terminal.
• Able to take initiative and work with co-workers to accomplish defined goals in a fast paced environment
• Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and high level of performance
• Positively interact with customers and respond to customer inquiries
• Assess own strengths and weaknesses
• Pursue training and development opportunities
• Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
• Share expertise with others
• Mandatory drug screen and background check upon hire
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, cold, heat, rain, etc.
• Ability to walk up ladders, walk on barges and rail cars
• Ability to adapt to fluctuating hours of operation depending on the customer demand. Workload is dependent upon the seasonal applications
• Ability to lift as much as 50 lbs. as high as waist level
• Ability to climb ladders and 150 feet of stairs throughout the day
• Ability to work around water, with an intermediate ability to swim
• Ability to work at height
• Ability to work in confined space; dusty and dirty environment
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.