Location: Bloomington, MN - 9661 Newton Ave. S
Position Type: Full-Time (Hourly)
Experience Required: 1+ years
This is a full-time position operating packaging equipment in a fast paced environment. Experience working with Hamer Bagging equipment, robotics, bucket elevators, and forklifts is needed. We offer a competitive benefit package and wage is based on qualifications.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Ability to operate a forklift
• Ability to understand written bills of lading and similar documents for proper loading/unloading of the customers products
• Knowledge in basic safe use of hand and power tools
• Achieve and maintain a basic understanding of how all the operating systems function/interact and independently perform effective trouble shooting during equipment malfunctions
• Ability to read and understand equipment startup procedures, operation procedures, shutdown procedures, and maintenance manuals
• Experience with packaging facilities, conveying and processing equipment
• Experience operating mobile equipment including skid loaders, forklifts
• Able to withstand all types of weather conditions
• Able to work from written and verbal instructions
• Able to work as a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, follow work rules, and take on other duties as assigned
• Have the willingness and ability to cross train into other areas of the facility, example: knowledge of bucket elevators, robotics, operate a fork lift while efficiently loading trucks, learn other process in the facility.
• Able to take initiative and work with co-workers to accomplish defined goals in a fast paced environment
• Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and high level of performance
• Positively interact with customers and respond to customer inquiries
• Assess own strengths and weaknesses
• Pursue training and development opportunities
• Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
• Share expertise with others
• Mandatory drug screen and background check upon hire
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, cold, heat, rain, etc.
• Ability to walk up ladders, walk on rail cars
• Ability to adapt to fluctuating hours of operation depending on the customer demand. Workload is dependent upon the seasonal applications
• Ability to lift as much as 50 lbs. as high as waist level
• Ability to preform basic math
• Ability to work in confined space; dusty and dirty environment
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.